Hello TJSL Law Students,
As you wrap up your final Exams, here are some tips on how to de-stress in San Diego.
- Use that FIT membership and get some exercise, or at the very least, sit in the sauna or hot tub for a little while.
- Stay hydrated, especially with all the caffeine that many of you are no doubt consuming.
- Don’t talk to anyone about how stressed out they are or you will start internalizing it.
- Eat something! Preferably something healthy, your body will thank you for eating stress reducing foods.
- Play with your pet, or your friend’s pet, heck go to the zoo and pet a non-human animalof some kind:
- And a personal tip, when I was studying for exams, I would keep a stack of comic books under my bed, and when I was ready to take a break, I’d read an ancient comic book about a duck that wore clothes and could talk and had three nephews. No doubt you have much better comics than I had.
Articles on coping with Law School Stress (Don’t read them all just pick one or two that appeal to you).
- Thriving in Law School: Stress and What to Do About It – Northeastern University School of Law
- The Hidden Sources of Law School Stress – Florida State University College of Law
- Several Blog Posts on Stress – Law School Academic Support Blog
- Dealing with Law School Stress – Alex Ruskell’s Blog
- A Request for Stress – Scoplaw
- Help with Law School Induced Stress and Depression – The CM Law Library Blog
- Law School and Stress – Professor Barbara Glesner Fines, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
- Exam Time! Manage law student stress – Out of the Jungle
- A Breathing Relaxation Exercise – Suffolk University Law School
- Law School Stress: List of Articles – Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- Two Rules For Less Stress and Worry in Your First Year of Law School – Law Vibe