Similar to WestlawNext, Lexis has a new product called Lexis Advance which is now available to students at TJSL. To access Lexis Advance, you will go to http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/login.aspx and log in with your normal Lexis ID. On the ensuing page, click onto the “Lexis Advance” link. Lexis Advance requires a different login. If you haven’t received one yet, contact our new Lexis Account Rep, Christine Yung Yusi, at email@example.com.
To learn how to use Lexis Advance, check out this presentation that describes how to use Lexis Advance.
Lexis Advance functions in a manner similar to WestlawNext in that you can search without having to first select a particular source.
The tutorial explains how to:
- log in
- search for documents
- limit your search after the fact by using various types of filters manage your results
- save your search results
- change the order in which your search results appear on the page
- convert your search from a natural language to a Boolean search
- save your search as an alert
- email, print or save individual documents
- use Lexis Advance folders to organize your research
- find other Lexis Advance Tutorials