According to a recent survey, the most important criteria for judging the value of a law school is the faculty.
- At TJSL, we have world renowned faculty who have graduated from the top law schools, Harvard, Yale and Stanford.
- Even our full-time reference librarian, Catherine Deane, is a Princeton University graduate with three graduate degrees in law, anthropology, and library and information science. She has several years of experience creating legal research guides for UC Hastings College of the Law.
- Part-Time reference librarian June MacLeod has over 30 years of experience as a law librarian including many years as the director of a huge downtown San Diego law firm.
- The interim director and former associate director Patrick Meyer also has three graduate degrees, and he comes to us from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where he specialized in foreign and international law and Anglo-American legal research. Meyer’s own research is largely focused on the importance of legal research skills to new lawyers.
- This means that TJSL students have experts on hand to assist them in acquiring the lawyering skills that will make them competitive with other San Diego law schools. (http://works.bepress.com/patrick_meyer/1/ )